Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday

While most college student my age are recovering from the night before, I got up at 9 am this morning to a COLD shower. (Thanks GC, for not having hot water for 2 weeks now) Me and my best friend Lauren, and her boyfriend Cory, went to church. I have to clarify: I'm not religious but it's been nice going to a non denominational church to just sit and listen. At the root of everything, it's comforting to grasp some sense of faith or hope. The foundation of today's service was about "peacemaking". There are three steps to dealing with conflict:
(A) Overlook the issue
(B) Talk it out
(C) Get Help
One thing not mentioned is the willingness to swallow ones pride and realize a conflict can be dealt with if one party surrenders their rights for a solution. Herein lies my issue, I'm terribly egotistical and I have a tendency to runaway verses confrontation :p I realize, however, it is easier to just let some things pass without blowing up every little issue. Not everything has to be confronted. Whether it's in a relationship, or at work, or even in class. Overlooking the issue is a characteristic that should be instilled in many individuals.

Talking out a conflict is never easy. I struggle to find the words that can adequately form the sentences of my opinion. Personally, I find that daily yoga and swim practices help connect my mind, body, and soul, which pushes me to an equilibrium of thought:] ( Plus, Girl talks are always a win)

During Wednesdays yoga session, my yoga professor lead us through a series of sun salutations and then finally had us preform shoulder stands. Everyone in the class was particularly giggly and talkative, which was awesome, the whole environment was chill. As "homework" we are to preform shoulder stands in our daily practices as well as a ten minute meditation. One minute of meditation literally feels like an hour. To avoid looking at the clock every thirty seconds I set an alarm on my phone.

I quit my job at Jimmy John's, that terrible corporate monopoly. (Subway fan foreva!) I replaced my working position as a hostess at M'Coul's, an Irish pub and restaurant in downtown Greensboro. I absolutely LOVE it there. The Staff is great and the environment is always fun.



There is an adorable outside patio both downstairs and upstairs, as well as two inside bars. (One downstairs and upstairs) The building is rustic, which just adds to the charm. My first day of work was a twelve hour shift on St. Patrick's Day. Yes, it was hiatus ALL day. I like to view it as a crash course in training.

XOXO
Selinaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment