Sunday, March 20, 2011

Tuesday

During the spring semester, I enrolled in a yoga class that requires me to preform at least fifteen minutes of yoga daily, with the addition of journaling my daily experience in said task. Quite frankly, I find this requirement kind of daunting. To make it more enjoyable for myself, I've decided to blog about my yoga journey:] Of course, I'll have the occasional addition of an outside topic but it'll keep things interesting for me. Writing from ink on paper of what yoga poses I preformed was really boring. So I present to my audience, my health and well being blog! :]

Let's hop to it. After sprinting 1600 yards at swim practice I went to a yogalates class offered in the Reynolds Centers' movement lab. The instructor lead us through a sun salutation with the addition of pilates moves. FEEL THE BURNNN.
Every morning, once out of bed, I've been going through a short series of stretches I learned from my Wednesday Yoga class. My favorites are the "paschimotaanaasana" (forward bending pose) and the "Arddha arda" (Spinall twist pose)

In addition to being a full time student, and part time sandwich maker at Jimmy Johns:p I'm a competitive swimmer for my college. I swim events such as the fifty yard, one hundred yard, and five hundred yard freestyle. I recently competed in the ODAC/ Atlantic States conference with the rest of the swim team girls! The entire weekend consisted of Eat, Swim, Sleep, Repeat. Every swimmer on the team dropped time! My coach, Scot Budde won swimmer of the year and one of GC very own swimmers won swimmer of the year!



From left to right: Sarah, Danni, Sam, ME!, and Lauren:]





I am currently on an off season with swimming. My practices have been cut from doing roughly around 3000 yards a day to 1600 yards. Yesterday's practice consisted of;
500 yard warm up (Freestyle)
8x 50 yards: 25 Freestyle drill, 25 Easy swim
6X 100 Yards: on the two minute. My fastest sprint was a 1: 15:[
(During conference I preformed a 100 yard freestyle in 1:04)

I'm excited to be training now for next year's season. I literally have no clue what I'm capable of!

XOXO
Selinaaa

No comments:

Post a Comment